If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In this recipe, I re-create the nutritional abomination that is "Smuckers Magic Shell" using healthful oil and no added sugar.
Coconut oil tastes tropical, buttery and all-around decadent. Mixed with dark chocolate and drizzled over cold ripe mango slices, it creates that irresistible shell that begs for a spoon to crack through it. And mango is such a sweet fruit that the shell requires zero added sugar to make this a perfectly rich and indulgent dessert. Try it. TRY IT. Just trust me on this one. —Terita
- 1 chilled mango
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- Whisk together liquid coconut oil (warm room temperature) and cocoa powder until blended and smooth.
- Slice chilled mango and arrange on a plate.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over mango and watch the oil harden on the cold fruit into a delicious shell. Crack and eat!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.