If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simplicity itself, this is a first cousin to my favorite stone fruit dessert in the summer, and to my favorite apple and pear desserts of the autumn and winter. Enjoy! ;o) - AntoniaJames
- 3 cups of mango cut into bite-sized pieces (if available, use more than one variety)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup unsweetened medium coconut shards
- ½ cup toasted pecan pieces (chopped, toasted almonds or walnuts also do well)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (Korintje is my first choice when also using coriander.)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Crème fraiche, mascarpone or Greek yogurt, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 325 if using a convection oven).
- Put the mango pieces into a shallow baking dish. It should be small enough so that you have at least two layers of fruit. Drizzle the cream over it.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients (other than the optional dairy toppings) in a medium bowl. Sprinkle on the fruit.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche, mascarpone or Greek yogurt, if you like. I find this perfectly delicious without, however.
- Enjoy!! ;o)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes