Author Notes: Simplicity itself, this is a first cousin to my favorite stone fruit dessert in the summer, and to my favorite apple and pear desserts of the autumn and winter. Enjoy! ;o) - AntoniaJames
- 3 cups of mango cut into bite-sized pieces (if available, use more than one variety)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup unsweetened medium coconut shards
- ½ cup toasted pecan pieces (chopped, toasted almonds or walnuts also do well)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (Korintje is my first choice when also using coriander.)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Crème fraiche, mascarpone or Greek yogurt, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 325 if using a convection oven).
- Put the mango pieces into a shallow baking dish. It should be small enough so that you have at least two layers of fruit. Drizzle the cream over it.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients (other than the optional dairy toppings) in a medium bowl. Sprinkle on the fruit.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche, mascarpone or Greek yogurt, if you like. I find this perfectly delicious without, however.
- Enjoy!! ;o)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes