Author Notes: This recipe is an adaptation from the jam-filled cookies my mother used to make when I was a kid. My mom did a lot of cooking from the Betty Crocker cookbook back then.
This version is great served with tea or wine after dinner. - Twice Cooked Half Baked
Makes 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy- 2-3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Shift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl as needed.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the dough 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Make a depression in the center of each ball and fill with about a 1/2 tsp. of the chutney.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes