If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lamb chops and the chimichurri sauce are quite simple to prepare and inexpensive, but incredibly special and delicious.
The chimichurri sauce is bursting with flavors and can be used as a salad dressing, drizzled over tomatoes or topped on fish, chicken or steak. Making extra and storing the rest in the fridge is a good way to go.
This chimichurri sauce was inspired by lemons&anchovies.com which is an amazing and fascinating food blog that you will have to check out! I changed the sauce a little because I can’t handle raw garlic and I love my lemon, but either way is suburb! All of her recipes and pictures are mouth watering good! - CoconutsandCardamom
Food52 Review: If you’ve a partner, you can really whip up Chimichurri Lamb Chops in ten minutes, but I am going to stretch this to a mere 20, just so your chimichurri sauce can develop a few flavors. Do take your meat out, to get it room temperature, and get the grill going right away. - Jestei
- 6 lamb chops
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Montreal steak seasoning, to taste (optional)
Chimichurri Sauce adapted from LemonsandAnchovies.com
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano (optional, but we like it)
- 4 cloves of garlic minced & sauteed
- 4 tablespoons tablespoons red wine vinegar (or Sherry or Rice Wine Vinegar)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Pinch red pepper flakes, more to taste
- Salt, pepper and montreal steak seasoning, to taste
- To prepare the Chimichurri sauce first saute minced garlic in a little bit of olive oil (3 minutes on med. heat).
- Next combine the parsley, oregano, mint and sauted garlic and process in a food processor until just roughly chopped. Don’t over do it or it will turn into a puree.
- Add in the crushed red peppers, lemon juice and add the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste and Motreal Steak seasoning if using (optional).
- Stir in the olive oil and let sit so flavors can infuse.
- To prepare the lamb, season with salt, pepper and Montreal Steak Seasoning. Have at room temperature before cooking.
- If you have a grill- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees. If lamb chops are small, sear each side for only 1 – 1 1/2 minutes to leave the inside rare to medium-rare. If sauteing in a pan (pre-heat with olive oil and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side to leave inside medium rare. Some of my lamb chops were big so I did a full three minutes on each side.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing in to give the meat a chance to restore it’s juices!
- Serve with Chimichurri sauce. Enjoy the burst of flavors you are about to encounter!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
11 Ways to Become a Little More French
Live la vie en rose.
Live la vie en rose.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
A feast for the ears.
Take these foods to go.