If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been fiddling around with different flavor combinations in quick breads and came up with this tropical-inspired recipe. I used the "Quick Breads" chapter of the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook as my source for adaptation.
I make these as mini-loaves so that a slice can be enjoyed as a snack, or a couple of slices make a nice breakfast. - flowercityfoodie
Makes 4 mini loaves
- 1 cup dried mango, chopped
- 1/2 cup mango nectar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- vegetable oil spray
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened dried coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the dried mango and the mango nectar. Set aside to soak while you do the next step.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, & yogurt. Stir in the dried mango/mango nectar mixture.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the raisins and pecans.
- Spray a 4-mini-loaf capacity baking pan with vegetable oil spray. Divide the batter evenly among the 4 compartments. Sprinkle each loaf with 1 Tablespoon coconut, if desired. Bake for 35 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with only a few crumbs attached). Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!