Author Notes: I live in S FL and have many friends that shrimp and lobster. Tropical fruits are very popular here as well, so i had to come up with a way to use both.
This salsa is just killer with grilled seafood, shirmp and pork as well. - jane mcmillan
Tropical Mango Salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, rough chop
- 1/2 cup sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 6 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed, divided
- mango 1 large, diced
- 1/2 cup papaya
- 2 jalepenos, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
Proscuitto Wrapped Shrimp
- 24 thinly slices proscuitto
- 24 thinly siced ripe melon
- 24 shrimp, cleaned and deveined, shells removed
- 24 tablespoons brie cheese
- For the salsa, combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl, cover and chill. use 3 tablespoons of the lime juice, the other 3 mainate the shrimp in, cover and chill.
- For the wrapped shrimp. lay one piece of proscuitto flat, put a piece of melon in the middle, top with a shrimp, then 1 tablespoon of brie. Wrap the proscuitto around all the filling. Serve with salsa.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes