If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is sort of a cross between an ice cream and a mousse. It was given to me by my best friend's mom, and every time I go to her house, we eat it by the bucketful (seriously). The passion fruit puree is added because it balances out the flavors, adding a subtle tartness. Depending on the sweetness of your mangoes, you can add more or less, to suit your tastes. Passion fruit puree can be found in some larger grocery stores, or you can find it on Amazon. To make this more like an ice cream, puree everything but the cream and then stir it all together. To make it just a mango mousse, whip the cream separately, fold in the mango-passion fruit puree and chill. - beijinggirl
Makes 1 quart
- 1 cup cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 ripe mangoes
- 1/2 - 1 cups passion fruit puree
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until the sugar crystals have dissolved. Cover and put in the fridge until completely chilled.
- Once chilled, freeze according to your ice-cream maker's directions. Serve immediately or put in the freezer to eat later.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
Italian Breakfast Buns
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.