If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When Sunday rolls around, it's time to heat the griddle; to me Sunday is the breakfast day of the week. To honor that title, I serve up a batch of my all star pancakes. Now, these aren’t just ordinary hot cakes here. They are perfection. Fluffy, light and without the carb-inducing coma that often comes with these breakfast treats. This recipe is one of the renditions from my ever growing list of pancake variations. These pancakes are very easy to make, but the key is to not rush anything. Take your time when mixing the ingredients and your pancakes will thank you for it and in return be fluffy as clouds - WhatAboutThePie
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 200ºF and place serving plates and baking sheet inside.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium sized bowl.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla and mix.
- Slowly pour buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and gently stir together.
- Heat a griddle or large non stick pan over medium high and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Wait for foaming to subside and then ladle batter onto the pan.
- Thinly slice strawberries and push them delicately into the pancakes.
- Wait until bubbles form around the edges and begin to appear in the center of the pancakes and then flip, about 3-5 minutes. Cook until golden brown on bottom, about 1-2 minutes.
- Once pancakes are done, place them on the baking sheet in the oven until ready to serve. Top with nutella, lemon butter, honey or whipped cream and enjoy!
Nacho Typical Tortilla Chip
A lot chocolate-covered, a little chili.
These chips are a little chili.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Judge our NEW books by their covers.
A classic cocktail book, shaken (or stirred) up.
That was a close shave.