If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn't like ice cream cookie sandwiches. Everyone from adults to kids everyone loves these. So, I love the recipe from Jeni's Ice creams and desserts, the use of goat cheese. It gives ice cream a wonderful flavor and amazing richness adding to the tartness due to the goat cheese which really cannot be explained and only to be tried and experience for yourselves. As rhubarb is in season I made rhubarb cookies, but I feel even ginger-syrup molasses cookies would also be go so well with the mango ice cream for that matter. So feel free to make any cookies that you like and enjoy a after dinner snack or dessert. - PistachioDoughnut
Serves as many as you want
Cookies makes approx 12 to 15 large cookies
- 2 cups AP Flour
- 1 cup Rhubarb, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 Stick of unsalted butter
- 11/2 cup Sugar + two tbsp for rhubarb
- 1 Egg at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl , take the chopped rhubarb and mix in 2 tbsp of sugar and leave it aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla; beat well to combine.
- With mixer on low, add half the flour mixture, followed by heavy cream, then remaining flour mixture; mix just until smooth. Add, the rhubarb and roughly mix it.
- Drop the dough with the help of a ice cream scoop or a spoon , each equal to about 3 tablespoons, 3 to 4 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until edges of cookies are just firm and tops are barely beginning to brown, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating sheets once halfway through. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.
Mango Ice cream Adapted from Jeni's Ice cream recipe of Goat cheese ice cream with roasted red cherries
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 1 tsp
- 1/2 cup Fresh Goat cheese about 4 oucnes
- 11/2 ounce (3 tbsp) Cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 11/4 cup Heavy cream, you can use any other thing also like sour cream
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Corn syrup
- 11/2 cup Mango puree or pulp
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the milk with the cornstarch to make a slurry. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk the goat cheese, cream cheese and salt until smooth. Add the mango pulp also at this time. Set aside.
- Make an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice and water. Set aside.Using a 4-quart saucepan, combine the remaining milk, the cream, sugar, and corn syrup over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil, and boil for exactly 4 minutes. (The mixture will rise as it boils, so keep an eye on it!) Remove from the heat.
- Make sure your cornstarch slurry is still well mixed. Slowly drizzle the slurry into your hot milk mixture while whisking vigorously. (Otherwise, the slurry will form a film on the bottom of the pan.)
- Bring the mixture back to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring vigorously, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Gradually whisk the hot milk mixture into the cream cheese mixture until smooth. Pour the mixture into a 1-gallon Ziploc freezer bag, and submerge the sealed bag in the ice bath. Let stand, adding more ice as necessary, until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Pour the ice cream base into your ice cream maker, and process according to the manufacturer’s directions. Unfortunately, I do not own an ice cream maker, but if you do then make it with your ice cream maker and if you do no have one do not worry just freeze it and once it sets , remove it just blend it again in a blender just so that to remove any ice crystals if they happen to have some and again freeze it and let it set for overnight. I have made Indian Kulfi several times without an ice- cream maker..
- Transfer the ice cream into a storage container. Press a sheet of parchment paper directly on the surface of the ice cream, and cover with an airtight lid. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- once the ice cream is ready, you can take two cookies and fill one cookie with ice cream and cover it with another cookie and serve them immediately. I like to keep some nuts, coconut flakes or may be sprinkles around in bowls, so that whoever wants to coat their ice cream sandwiches with that extra thing can do it themselves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes