If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We are having tamales for dinner and I wanted a sweet, but depthy dressing for a salad of lettuce, radishes and creamy avocado and thought mango was the perfect base. Because mangoes can vary so much in sweetness I recommend starting with just a bit of the agave. I used a small champagne mango so you might want to adjust for size as well. - savorthis
Makes 1 cup
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 small lime
- 1/3 cup fruity olive oil
- 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped
- Peel the mango and remove as much of the fruit as you can (I usually give the pit to my daughter to slurp on while I am cooking). Put it and everything except the olive oil and chives into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste the mango first for sweetness and add a little agave at a time so as not to get too sweet.
- With the motor running, add the oil in a slow stream until it is nicely emulsified. Fold in chives and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This dressing is great on a salad of butter lettuce with avocado and green onion. Top it with grilled shrimp for a whole, fabulous meal.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes