If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Before we move on to the recipe I have to warn you. If you have an aversion to garlic breath you might as well avoid this recipe like the plague. Or you could cut back on the amount of garlic I used but it will alter the flavor and the garlic flavor is one of the things I loved about this salsa. The hot spicy flavor of the garlic mixed with the sweet flavors of the mango and peach are a delightful surprise to the taste buds.
—Flour On My Face
Makes 1 pint
- 1 medium mango
- 1 semi firm peach
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lime
- Chop the jalapeno,onion, garlic, and cilantro finely in a food processor; pour into a medium size bowl.
- Cut the peach into a small dice and add to the bowl.
- Cut the mango into a medium dice and add to the bowl.
- Add the salt, sugar and juice of the lime to the bowl.
- Mix well, pour into a pint size jar and store in the refrigerator 3 to 4 days.
- Prepare this salsa at least the day before you plan on serving it. When I first mixed this recipe up I tasted it and did not care for it. I had my daughter Megan come over to taste it and she said she thought it needed some tomatoes. I did not want tomato flavor for this salsa. After 24 hours I tasted it again and the flavors had come together like I never expected. I’m am shamed to admit that I ate almost the entire pint myself over the course of 3 or 4 days with some really yummy Snyder of Hanover white corn tortilla chips. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! p.s you can adjust the amount of cilantro. I'm not a big cilantro fan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).