If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Now that warm weather grilling season is here, mangoes are a kitchen staple. Their tropical perfume, coupled with the heat of ginger, jalapeno - or scotch bonnet peppers - works magic in salsas, sauces and marinades to compliment the smoky flavors of grilled chicken, fish, seafood, and meats.
This recipe is the essence of a salsa ... pureed. For simplicity sake, I’ve cut the recipe to 5 ingredients, with plenty of flavoring provided by the ginger and jalapeno. For variations, add options: red onion, fresh oregano, mint or cilantro, red chiles, white wine or vinegar, sugar -- all or any according to taste. - Vivian Henoch
Makes about a cup
- 1 mango, juiced (or cubed for a thicker consistency)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls