Author Notes: Having 3 boys and trying to keep things fresh. i started baking fish in foil for my family. My wife loves it and often requests it. My boys are still hit or mis. I use to chef in a restaurant that i served about 100# of halibut a week. In the summer i did my fish with salsa and this is my favorite. So needless to say i combines the two to get this redipe. - Dale Filson
- 2 mango
- 1 cucumber
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 sprig mint
- 1 sprig basil
- 1/2 piece red onion
- cut ends off both mango and save. Peel the mango and save the skin. cut mango from core and save. Dice into medium cubes. Put in a small bowl.
- Peel and seed cucumber. small dice and add to mango. very small dice the red onion.
- Seed jalapeno and chop. Add to bowl
- chiffonade mint and basil leaves. Add to bowl. gently mix to incorporate all ingredients. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar.
Halibut wrapped in foil
- 2 halibut steaks (6-8oz)
- 1 orange
- 1` cup white wine
- 2 sprigs thyme
- on a large piece of foil place the scraps of the mango. put fish on top and squeeze the mango core to get all the juice out
- add white wine and thyme. season with salt and pepper. bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes
- when done place fish on a plalte and top with salsa