If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Having 3 boys and trying to keep things fresh. i started baking fish in foil for my family. My wife loves it and often requests it. My boys are still hit or mis. I use to chef in a restaurant that i served about 100# of halibut a week. In the summer i did my fish with salsa and this is my favorite. So needless to say i combines the two to get this redipe. —Dale Filson
- 2 mango
- 1 cucumber
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 sprig mint
- 1 sprig basil
- 1/2 piece red onion
- cut ends off both mango and save. Peel the mango and save the skin. cut mango from core and save. Dice into medium cubes. Put in a small bowl.
- Peel and seed cucumber. small dice and add to mango. very small dice the red onion.
- Seed jalapeno and chop. Add to bowl
- chiffonade mint and basil leaves. Add to bowl. gently mix to incorporate all ingredients. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar.
Halibut wrapped in foil
- 2 halibut steaks (6-8oz)
- 1 orange
- 1` cups white wine
- 2 sprigs thyme
- on a large piece of foil place the scraps of the mango. put fish on top and squeeze the mango core to get all the juice out
- add white wine and thyme. season with salt and pepper. bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes
- when done place fish on a plalte and top with salsa
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
It's all about the sauce.
It's time to travel.
Recipe of the Day