If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 4 appetizer servings
- 1 small champagne mango
- aleppo pepper
- kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pounds yellowfin or sushi grade tuna, cut into large bite sized chunks
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the habenero pepper for 6-10 minutes, depending on the size of the habanero and strength of broiler. Turn occasionally until all sides are charred. After broiling, wrap the pepper in foil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the habanero from the foil, remove the skin, stem and seeds, and chop into 1/8 teaspoon.
- Add the following to a food processor: mango, extra virgin olive oil, onion, ginger, lime zest, roasted habanero, cilantro and salt to taste.
- Sprinkle the tuna chunks with Aleppo pepper, salt and rub with olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high to high heat for 2 minutes. Add the tuna chunks and sear about 30 seconds per side, or until lightly seared.
- Serve the tuna bites with skewers and the mango sauce as a dipping side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes