If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Godiva has these amazing chocolates with mango filling that are to die for. I thought making chocolates was a bit over complicated so I tried the mixture as a dessert. Rather then making a mousse, I decided for a very French dessert "crème". Although I much prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate, in this recipe I had to redo the recipe with milk chocolate because the dark one didn't work well (poor me, had to eat 2 recipes)!
—Maria Teresa Jorge
- 5 yolks
- 1/4 cup fine sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk chocolate - melted
- 1 cup cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 cup fresh mango puré
- 4 passion fruits
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Open a vanilla bean and scrape the inside into a pan. Add the vanilla pod and the cream, mix and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and keep hot.
- Mix the egg yolks, cornstarch and sugar together until sugar is more or less dissolved - you don't want to aerate the mixture.
- Slowly add the hot cream without the vanilla pod and stir well to dissolve the eggs and sugar in the hot cream.
- Pour mixture back in the pan, add the mango purée and cook over low heat for 12 minutes, always stirring, until the mixture thickens and covers the back of a spoon.
- Pour the hot mixture in a food processor, add the melted chocolate and process until silky smooth.
- Pour in small glasses or 1 glass serving bowl and refrigerate overnight, covered with cling film.
- When almost ready to serve, whipp the cream with sugar until hard peaks form. Keep in the fridge until you need it.
- To serve: Put a dollop of cream on each Chocolate Mango Crème. Open the passion fruits and pour the content of half passion fruit over the whipped cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Well, This is Appeeling
Tomato skins, meet salt
Tomato skins, meet salt.
This weekend's reading.
It's time to travel.
Out of the park toppings.
Put cake on a pedestal.