If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So moist and fluffy - You won't tell these are gluten free. —blackdogfoodblog
- 3/4 cup ‘Super fine’ brown rice flour
- 6 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup 'mayo' base (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup millets
- Mix the brown rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and xanthan gum together and set aside. It is very important to use ‘Super fine‘ rice flour. Asian markets carry super fine rice flour. But I didn’t want to make a trip all the way…. so I just bought regular brown rice flour at a close by organic grocery shop and ground it in a coffee grinder till super fine.
- Make ‘mayonnaise’ base: (1 egg yolk + a few drops of lemon juice + 3/4 cup canola oil) – This will produce about 3/4 cup of mayonnaise. We only need 1/3 cup. Save the rest for your sandwiches tomorrow.) Beat one egg yolk till light and fluffy - Add a few drops of lemon juice (or vinegar) - Add a few drops off canola oil and whisk like MAD - Keep whisking and add remaining oil SLOWLY - Keep whisking until your arm falls off. ( Till it thickens and starts look like mayonnaise.) This should produce about 3/4 cup. We only need 1/3 cup. Save the rest for your sandwiches tomorrow.) What the heck, you can use store-bought mayonnaise if you don’t feel like making this base.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, and ‘mayo’ base until fluffy. Add the flour mixture, milk and vanilla and mix well. Spread batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350?F for 17~20 mins. But do not over bake. Keep your eyes on these little guys.
More Great Recipes: Bread, Rolls & Muffins