If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pear cider is just like (non alcoholic) apple cider but in my opinion, better! It adds a lot of flavor to this dish and is an ingredient in my homemade spiced pear butter. Boneless pork shoulder often is sold with netting keeping it together. Keep it on during the cooking process. - coconutlime
- 3 pounds boneless pork should roast
- 1/2 cup pear butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot New Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 cup pear cider
- In a small bowl, combine the pear butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and spices. Spread over all sides of the pork. Refrigerate the roast at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450. Place the pork in a roasting pan. Bake for 30 minutes then pour the pear cider into the bottom of the pan. Cover with a lid or foil and lower the temperature to 325. Roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the roast measures 160°F, about 2 hours. Allow to sit 15 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pork with Cider