Author Notes: My favorite part about this pizza is the sauce. Wine and basil? Yes please! It's also very simple to use real cheese or real crust instead, all according to your own preferences. Great activity to do with a partner or friends! - Skylor Sprout
- 10-12 baby tomatoes
- 6-8 basil leaves
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 package GF pizza crust (Bob's Red Mill is best)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 Cooked Chicken Sausage
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Daiya Dairy Free Cheese
- Begin by reading the instructions for the pizza crust. It's likely that you will have to let the dough rise, so do this first.
- Chop well your bell pepper and your chicken sausage.
- Over medium heat, melt coconut oil and add the chicken sausage and bell pepper. If you are using pre-cooked sausage, like Trader Joe's, Applegate Farms or any of the like, sauté for about 8 minutes. If you are using raw chicken sausage, sauté for 10-12 minutes.
- You will likely have to cook your crust for a few minutes before you can put on your toppings- so this is a good time to put the crust in the oven. However, follow the directions on the package for your crust and do whatever they say.
- Meanwhile, put all of the ingredients for your pizza sauce into the blender. Blend on high until smooth, about 40 seconds. Add 1 tsp of olive oil if it is too thick.
- Once your crust is cooked enough on its own, scoop out your sauce and spread it evenly. You may have enough for saving some for later. Remember to leave some room on the edges for your crust. Freeze anything that's left over.
- Pour your bell pepper and sausage on top of the sauce and spread it out evenly.
- Spread Daiya cheese evenly across the pizza.
- Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or whatever your pizza crust directions say. Since your ingredients are already cooked thoroughly, the crust is the only piece left for cooking.
- Remove from heat, let cool for 3-4 minutes, then serve!