If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tiramisu literally translates to "pick me up" and it sure does with all the coffee, eggs & sugar. Great for dessert and devilishly delicious for breakfast, what with coffee & eggs, why not?! —La Tavola Marche
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 3/4 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 box of ladyfingers
- 3/4 cup reshly brewed extra strong coffee or espresso, cooled/room temperature
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, grated
- unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- Make your pot of coffee & let cool.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in a bowl until light, pale & "ribbons." Then mix in the mascarpone.
- Stiffly whisk the egg whites in a different grease-free bowl.
- Gently fold in the egg whites in thirds to the mascarpone mix.
- Make a single layer of ladyfingers on the base of a deep serving dish making sure they fit tightly together on the bottom. Then brush the lady fingers evenly with coffee (don't be shy, a good two passes with the brush should be plenty).
- Make a nice even layer of the mascarpone cream/egg mixture and sprinkle/cover with grated chocolate.
- Dust with cocoa, wrap with plastic and chill in the fridge for about 3 hours. Enjoy!!
Noodley Is an Adjective
The salad you should be making for dinner tonight
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
Shop at the Food52 office.
It's in the bag.