Author Notes: Tiramisu literally translates to "pick me up" and it sure does with all the coffee, eggs & sugar. Great for dessert and devilishly delicious for breakfast, what with coffee & eggs, why not?! - La Tavola Marche
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 box of ladyfingers
- 3/4 cups reshly brewed extra strong coffee or espresso, cooled/room temperature
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, grated
- unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- Make your pot of coffee & let cool.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in a bowl until light, pale & "ribbons." Then mix in the mascarpone.
- Stiffly whisk the egg whites in a different grease-free bowl.
- Gently fold in the egg whites in thirds to the mascarpone mix.
- Make a single layer of ladyfingers on the base of a deep serving dish making sure they fit tightly together on the bottom. Then brush the lady fingers evenly with coffee (don't be shy, a good two passes with the brush should be plenty).
- Make a nice even layer of the mascarpone cream/egg mixture and sprinkle/cover with grated chocolate.
- Dust with cocoa, wrap with plastic and chill in the fridge for about 3 hours. Enjoy!!