Author Notes: A recipe for homemade yogurt in a yogurt maker. - alana_chernila
Makes 4 to 5 cups
- 4 to 5 cups (depending on your yogurt maker) cups milk (any fat level, as long as it's not ultra pasteurized)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Heat 4 to 5 cups milk (for most yogurt makers) in a large saucepan to 185 degrees F. Allow to cool to 110 degrees F.
- Combine ½ cup plain yogurt OR 1 ½ teaspoons to 3 tablespoons powdered starter with a bit of the warm milk, and whisk the mixture into the rest of the milk. (Note: to see how much powdered starter you need, follow the directions of that particular starter.)
- Transfer to the small cups of the yogurt maker and let culture for 5 to 7 hours, or until set. Refrigerate for 2 hours before eating.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!