If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perhaps it is an unlikely combination, but bacon, Brussels sprouts, and blue cheese were actually meant to be together… on a pizza. Caramelized Brussels sprouts, slivers of bacon, chunks of blue cheese, and thinly sliced onion complete the toppings. This combination is great for dinner, but I would also love to serve it as an appetizer. - My Pantry Shelf
Makes one 12-inch pizza
Bacon, Brussels Sprouts, and Blue Cheese Pizza
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ball of pizza dough (for 12-inch pizza)
- Roasted Garlic Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound thick cut bacon, cut into lardons and cooked until crispy
- 3 ounces Blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup thinly slided red onion
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Toss the Brussels sprouts with one tablespoon of olive oil. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Place Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and cook at 500 degrees for 8-10 minutes, turning after 4 minutes. The sprouts should begin to soften and brown.
- Spread Roasted Garlic Sauce over a 12-inch round of pizza dough, be sure to spread all the way to the edge. (You will have some sauce left-over) Top with mozzarella, Brussels sprouts, bacon, blue cheese, red onion. Grind pepper over the pizza and slide into the oven.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and the bottom of the crust does not bend when you lift the edge of the pizza with the pizza peel. Place cooked pizza onto cooling rack immediately. Allow to cool 2-3 minutes before cutting. Slice pizza and serve.
Roasted Garlic Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 bulb of garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice the tips off of garlic bulb (the pointy end, not the root end). Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Wrap the bulb in foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cloves are soft.
- Remove garlic from foil. Squeeze garlic from each head into a small blender jar (a mason jar works well here, just attach the blade and base to the jar). Blend with remaining olive oil. Brush over pizza, then top as desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.