Author Notes: This light, bright tuna salad makes a great weeknight meal. Bold and flavorful – you won’t miss the calories.
- 2 packets tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons beet horseradish
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 can garbanzo beans, washed & drained
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1/4 preserved lemon, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground chipotle
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prep all ingredients. Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Taste. Salt & pepper to your liking.
- Serves 2 + 1 for a light dinner & lunch. You can beef this salad up with some crusty bread or crackers, but it is perfectly satisfying without.