If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lemonade on a warm afternoon is probably the best thing ever! Growing up in India, my mom used to make lemonade at home during the hot summers. It was incredibly refreshing. Here's my twist on the lemonade I learned to make from my mom. I simply added the vibrant flavor of mint to my version. My mom tried it and she approves. :) —themessimake.com
- 6 cups water
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt or regular salt
- 1 cup cane sugar or regular sugar ( or splenda for the diabetics)
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Muddle mint leaves with lemon juice and sugar in a glass pitcher.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. (At this point, try the lemonade and see if it needs a bit more sugar and add accordingly.)
- Strain and serve cold
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
More Great Recipes: Booze-Free Drinks