If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Such a delicious rustic clam dish, this is total comfort food that works in the summer as well as the winter.
This easy one pot recipe can be doubled and served family style for a dinner party, or halved for a romantic date night.
Amazing with a glass of crisp white wine and really crusty baguette. —kimalbachten
- 1 link Dry-cured Spanish Chorizo (such as Palacios), hot or mild to taste, halved and sliced in to 'moons'
- 1 small Onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves Garlic, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive or Grapeseed oli
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 1 pinch Spanish Saffron
- 5 Fingerling Potatos, halved and sliced in to 'moons'
- 1 cup White Wine
- 2 cups Vegetable or Seafood Stock
- 1 cup Diced Tomato (fresh or canned)
- 1 bottle Clam Juice
- 1 pound Manila Clams
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley, chopped, for garnish
- In a large skillet saute chorizo, onion, garlic, red pepper and paprika in oil over medium heat until onion becomes translucent.
- Add potatoes and diced tomato, cooking down the tomatoes a bit if canned to get rid of the 'tinniness'.
- Add the wine, and simmer for a minute to cook down the alcohol, then add the stock and clam juice.
- Now it's time for the clams (the clams should be soaked in salted water prior to remove any grit or sand, please make sure your clams are clean and ready to go before you add them in!)
- Add clams and cover to steam until clams open (aprox 8-10 minutes), discarding any clams that do not open.
- Spoon into shallow bowls, garnish with parsley, and serve with a chunk of warm crusty bread, enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.