Author Notes: This recipe was given to me many years ago by a good friend. I make it annually for a 4th of July barbecue and there are never any leftovers. This dish is specifically requested by the group every year. - JanetFL
Serves 8 to 10
- 1 cup Quick Grits (such as Quaker)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 pound extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 small can roasted diced green chiles (such as La Victoria), drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Cook grits in 4 cups salted water. Remove from heat and add butter, grated cheese, garlic salt, Tabasco, beaten eggs, and green chiles.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. May be held, covered, in a warm oven.