If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was given to me many years ago by a good friend. I make it annually for a 4th of July barbecue and there are never any leftovers. This dish is specifically requested by the group every year. - JanetFL
Serves 8 to 10
- 1 cup Quick Grits (such as Quaker)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 pound extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 small can roasted diced green chiles (such as La Victoria), drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Cook grits in 4 cups salted water. Remove from heat and add butter, grated cheese, garlic salt, Tabasco, beaten eggs, and green chiles.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. May be held, covered, in a warm oven.