If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As the weather gets hotter, so does the kitchen making oven-free desserts ideal, try this no-fail creamy Panna Cotta with rich dark chocolate ganache! Panna Cotta literally translates to cooked cream in Italian and the recipe is just about as simple as the name. - La Tavola Marche
- 3 sheets of gelatin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, slit lengthwise
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, 72% or better
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Fill a bowl with water, add the gelatin and let is soak. Pour milk into a pan & bring to just below simmering, then remove the pan from the heat. Do NOT let it boil.
- Drain & squeeze out the gelatin & add it to the milk.
- Pour the cream into another pan, add the sugar and vanilla bean and bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Then remove the pan from the heat, remove the vanilla bean and stir in the milk mixture.
- You can put the mixture into any kind of ramekin, mold, cup, you like. Rinse your 'glass' in ice-cold water, shaking out any excess water & fill with the milk mixture
- Chill in the refrigerator for several hours until set (at least 3-4 hours). Turn out onto a serving dish & serve with chocolate sauce.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate bar. Once the chocolate is completely melted, slowly whisk in cream until the desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle over the top of the panna cotta once on the serving plate.