If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You know how during summer, there are so many delicious, ripe fruits available? Don't you just want to eat them all at once? That is EXACTLY what this recipe is for. Perfect for bringing to a summer BBQ or potluck! - d_ribbens
Makes 1 pie
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degF
- Mix the butter, sugar, and egg yolk until well combined. Combine with the flour using a pastry blender until the mixture forms crumbs.
- Press the crust into a pie plate. Bake at 400 degF for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Once crust has cooled, melt the chocolate chips and brush them onto the inside of the crust, creating a shell to protect the crust from getting soggy.
Glazed Fruit Filling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 cups fresh fruit (not recommended to use watermelon or pineapple)
- Mix the sugar and the corn starch. Stir in the orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil in a sauce pan.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Cool completely.
- Fold the glaze over the fruit. The fruits that work well are the ones you enjoy the most - I have used strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, cherries, kiwis, bananas, peaches, nectarines, plums, oranges... just don't use watermelon or pineapple. Fill the pre-baked cookie crust. Cool in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy!
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.