Author Notes: I could not decide which version I liked more, the cucumber or golden beets. Combined together, they didn't quite gel, but rocked as individual versions of the classic 'chutney sandwich. - Panfusine
Makes 6-7 sandwiches
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint leaves
- 1 jalapeno deseeded & finely minced
- 1 packed cup cilantro, just the leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt to taste
- 1 loaf white sandwich sliced bread
- toasted powdered cumin
- 1 English cucumber, sliced paper thin
- combine the avocado, mint, cilantro, lime , jalapeno and salt in a food processor & combine to make a smooth spread. Adjust for salt. refrigerate until needed.
- spread the avocado 'butter' on 2 slices of bread. and add a layer or two of the cucumber). Sprinkle with toasted cumin and sandwich with the second slice. cut the crusts off. cut into 3 rectangles & serve with afternoon tea.