If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I won a box of avocados earlier this year, and went through lots of avocado recipes using them up. One of my favorites was this creamy avocado pesto. Especially in the middle of winter, it's a light and creamy reminder of summer. I love pesto in any and all varieties, but this one is the perfect rich and decadent version when you want to make something special. And it only takes seconds! —Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 1 avocado
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup basil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Combine all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor and blend. I like to put the cheese and nuts in first to make sure they get ground up before you introduce the other ingredients, otherwise you might get pieces of cheese or nuts that stay whole in the final sauce.
- Spoon onto scallops, toss with hot pasta, spread on a sandwich, or use in any way you might use regular pesto!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.