Author Notes: Lassi as you all know is a famous drink made from yogurt and fruits, the mango lassi is the most famous one. But, sometimes we make Avocado Lassi also. Although, avocados are not available in India. In my city, there is a lassi shop, whose dry fruit lassi is so famous. So, this lassi is adapted from his dry fruit lassi which is full of dry fruits. Hope you like it. - PistachioDoughnut
Food52 Review: PistachioDoughnut’s Avocado Lassi is my new go-to weekday breakfast. Creamy and sweet, it is also healthful, although disguised as an indulgence (I love it when that happens). As a bonus, it could not be simpler – just add and blend. I have made it quite a few times now and found that with my regular blender, soaking the nuts overnight helps to combine the ingredients more easily as well as adding a touch more milk (or water) if it gets too thick. I also prefer starting out with half of the amount of nuts, pureeing to combine and adding more to taste. Halving the recipe is perfect for one! - gingerroot
Makes 2 tall glasses
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1 cup Milk (more or less, depending on your preference for the consistency)
- 3 tablespoons Dry fruits or nuts of your choice. Almonds, cashews, pistachios and sultanas are all great. Soaking the nuts overnight is optional.
- pinches Salt
- Take everything except the dry fruits and nuts in a blender and blend it until smooth like a smoothie. Once it is blended then add the dry fruits also and pulse it once more till the nuts are coarsely mixed with the smoothie.
- Once ready , adjust the sweetness according to your personal taste. The dry fruits wil give it a texture, but if you are allergic to any form of nuts then do not use them.
- Serve it in a glass, garnish it with some cherries.