Author Notes: I created this recipe for a Guacamole contest a few years back...and won! The unexpected "pop" and sweetness of the pomegranate seeds is what makes it truly irresistible. - karollu
- 3 ripe avocados , pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- juice of 1/2 a lime, or to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a medium bowl, coarsely mash the avocados.
- Stir in onion, pepper, cumin, salt, and lime juice. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Fold in cilantro and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with pita chips and enjoy!