If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Scrumptious layers: buttery, whole-grain crust, raspberry jam center, and a sweet, toasted coconut topper.
I’m not a big fan of specialty baking pans, but my mini cheesecake pans are an exception. I use mine for more than just cheesecakes. They’re great for brownies and super chewy chocolate chip cookies. They make the perfect sized corn muffins too. If you don’t have a mini cheesecake pan and I haven’t convinced you to buy one, you can make these with a muffin pan and paper liners. - Bob Vivant
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar for finishing (optional)
- 12 fresh raspberries (optional when in season)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in the butter. Bring the dough together with your hands. Divide the dough equally among the 12 cells of a mini cheesecake pan. Using the blunt end of a wooden spoon or similar, tamp the dough until firmly and evenly compacted.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately make a deep indentation in each mini crust. You’re making a bowl for the jam to sit in.
- While the crusts are baking, make the topping. Whisk together the melted butter, sugar, and egg. Stir in the coconut and vanilla.
- Spoon two teaspoons of jam into each crust. Equally divide the coconut topping among the jam covered crusts. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the coconut is deeply toasted and golden.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Carefully remove the cooled treats from the pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Top with a fresh raspberry.
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.