If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What's more refreshing on a hot summer day than a tall glass of icy, minty, sweet/tart mojito? I can't think of any drink I'd want more. There's an 18" square pot of "The Best Mint" that's been producing mint on my deck for at least 5 years and, the more I cut, the thicker it grows! If you decide to plant mint in a bed or garden, be forewarned...it will soon take over the entire bed. Better to plant it in a pot and sink that pot in the ground. - NancyML
- 3 ounces Good quality white rum
- 1-1/2 ounce Light agave syrup OR
- 2 ounces Simple syrup
- 2 Limes, quartered and juiced
- 2 cups Crushed ice
- 2 sprigs Fresh mint, leaves removed and stems discarded
- Soda water or Seltzer
- 2 Highball glasses or 8 to 10 ounce water glasses
- In a large cocktail shaker, place rum, agave nectar and lime juice. Top with the crushed ice, then the mint leaves. It's important to put the mint leaves on top the ice. Cap the shaker and shake vigorously. The ice will bruise and mince the mint while you shake, flavoring the drink.
- Place one or more lime pieces in each glass. Evenly divide the cocktail (including the ice you shook it with) between the two glasses. Top with soda water or seltzer (careful, it may fizz over the top). Enjoy!