If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the perfect way to use an overabundance of fresh mint in your garden! When the mint takes over its corner of the world, cut some down and make this cake. First shown on my blog at EatSimplyEatWell.blogspot.com.
Makes two 8" round cakes
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped, fresh mint
- 9 ounces dark chocolate bar, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly oil two 8" round cake pans; line the bottoms with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the beaten eggs, milk and olive oil.
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Add the mint and the chocolate, and stir until combined evenly throughout the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
Express your gratitude for sunshine.
Good day, sunshine.
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
12 Recipes for a Stress-Free Week of Cooking