Author Notes: I try to incorporate kale into our diet as much as possible. Lacinato kale which is sometimes called dinosaur kale is my favorite. Mixed with fresh mint from the garden it makes a salad that I have become addicted to. The dressing works with other salads too. - dymnyno
Lacinato Kale and Fresh Mint Salad
- 1 bunch (large) lacinato kale, chopped very small, almost minced
- 1 cup fresh mint, minced
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Spicy Peanut Dressing
- 3 tablespoons smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- Toss the chopped kale, chopped mint and the walnuts together. If you haven't made the dressing yet, do that next.
- Put the peanut butter, warm water, garlic, rice wine vinegar, pomegranate molasses, soy sauce, minced ginger, sesame oil and red chili flakes into a blender and whirl away at high speed until everything is smooth.
- Toss the dressing with the salad. Maybe not all at one time. Pour and toss about half of the dressing and then decide if it needs more.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint