If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hara Masala is a green curry sauce used in the north of India with chicken or fish.
As by itself it needs no cooking, I decided to use it as a dip.
Hara means green and with its pungent garlic taste and all the herbs and yoghurt is a great summer dip served with vegetables or flat bread.
- Babette Feast
- 1 onion minced or sliced thinly
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup plain full fat yoghurt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 or 2 green chillies - whole or chopped (depends how much heat you like)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander - leaves only
- 1/2 bunch mint - leaves only
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 inches fresh ginger peeled and chopped small
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Toasted white sesame seeds for garnish
- Fry the onion with the sugar in the oil until translucent.
- Put the fried onion and all the other ingredients except the apple in a food processor and blend to form a smooth paste. Season with salt.
- Pour in a bowl, cover and keep in fridge for a couple of hours to blend flavours.
- When ready to serve sprinkle the sesame seeds and garnish with mint leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.