Author Notes: Hara Masala is a green curry sauce used in the north of India with chicken or fish.
As by itself it needs no cooking, I decided to use it as a dip.
Hara means green and with its pungent garlic taste and all the herbs and yoghurt is a great summer dip served with vegetables or flat bread.
- Babette Feast
- 1 onion minced or sliced thinly
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil
- 3/4 cups plain full fat yoghurt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 or 2 green chillies - whole or chopped (depends how much heat you like)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander - leaves only
- 1/2 bunch mint - leaves only
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 inches fresh ginger peeled and chopped small
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Toasted white sesame seeds for garnish
- Fry the onion with the sugar in the oil until translucent.
- Put the fried onion and all the other ingredients except the apple in a food processor and blend to form a smooth paste. Season with salt.
- Pour in a bowl, cover and keep in fridge for a couple of hours to blend flavours.
- When ready to serve sprinkle the sesame seeds and garnish with mint leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint