If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nothing says summer like a barbecue on a hot summer night! Fragrant rosemary skewers packed with filets of steak wrapped in thinly sliced pancetta and fresh sausages grilled over an open fire...my oh my! This is a barbecue Italian-style with spiedini or skewers with anything from fish to meat and/or vegetables. Tonight at the farmhouse it's grilled meat spiedini all the way, with grilled polenta & a garden salad.
On those balmy nights when barbecuing is best, I love it because you're outside standing by the grill and not instead sweating over a hot stove! —La Tavola Marche
- Meat: steak wrapped with pancetta (or bacon) , sausages on skewers, you can substitute pork, lamb, shrimp - any cut of your choice for grilling.
- chili flakes
- coarse sea salt
- herbs of your choice (sage compliments pork, veal & sausage nicely)
- 4 skewers: rosemary branches, long woody pieces, if you can’t find that use wooden or stainless steel sticks
- olive oil
- In a mortar & pestle add garlic, chili flakes, zest of 1/2 lemon, coarse sea salt, herbs and mash together with enough olive oil to make a paste.
- Quarter sausages and set aside as they have already been seasoned. Cut steak into chunks slightly larger than the sausages and toss with the herb paste and wrap with a slice of the pancetta
- ak into chunks slightly larger than the sausages and toss with the herb paste and wrap with a slice of the pancetta. Fill your skewers alternating steak and sausage. Grill!
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.