If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was looking for a refreshing summer drink and was playing around with the Seelbach, which is a kind of Champagne cocktail, and the Seelbock, a variant made with beer. The flavors were hard to balance until I thought to use ginger beer as the bubbly ingredient rather than beer or Champagne. The liquor gives it a little heft and kick while the ginger beer keeps it light and fizzy. The ginger-citrus combo is a great poolside summer taste. It's easily made for one, or for a crowd. - ProfPessimist
- 1/2 ounce bourbon or rye
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 dash lemon bitters
- 1 dash orange bitters
- 2 ounces Reed's Extra Ginger Brew or other ginger beer or ginger ale (chilled)
- 1 orange twist (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients except the ginger beer in an ice-filled shaker or tall glass. Swirl briefly to chill and strain into a Champagne flute.
- Top off with the chilled ginger beer (as cold as possible!). Note that ginger beers vary in strength; Reed's is very intense, so 2 ounces is plenty. With a weaker ginger beer or ginger ale, you might want 3 or 4 ounces.
- Garnish with an orange twist and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.