If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've tried a couple of the granola recipes here, but my mother's is still my favorite. You can change it up by using your favorite nuts, seeds or fruit —riv
Makes 4 or so cups
- 9 ounces Old fashioned oats
- 8 ounces slivered almonds
- 4 ounces wheat germ (optional)
- 7 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- honey to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup oil
- walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, pecans, or whatever you like
- raisins, craisins, chopped apricots, dried cherries, etc.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Toss with honey and oil and spread on lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees, tossing every 10 minutes to prevent burning, for 30 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Toss in dried fruit.
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.