If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nothing says "summer" like a Maine lobster roll. It is so easy, but super luxurious & special. You can use left- over lobster meat from a previous feast or you can buy a lobster or two & add them to boiling water for 3-4 minutes until the lobster shell turns pink. Then remove the meat. You can also buy already cooked/shelled lobster meat from your local fish market. —we eat. happy.
Makes 4 rolls
- 2 cups cooked Maine lobster meat, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons Vegenaise or your favorite mayonnaise
- 6 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or grainy mustard
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- sweet paprika for garnishing
- 4 split-top hot dog rolls
- a drizzle of olive oil or a knob of butter
- In a large bowl, mix together the lobster meat, Vegenaise, basil, mustard & seasoning.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat add oil or butter to a cast iron pan. Lay the rolls on there side. Toast until golden on each side.
- Fill the rolls with the lobster meat & sprinkle with paprika (you can use a small sifter or like, me, a mesh tea steeper/infuser).
Our Recent Favorite Recipes
Matcha-black sesame cheesecake, waffled grilled cheese, and more
Our recent favorite recipes.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
It's time to travel.
The best vegan cookbook tips.
Put cake on a pedestal.