Author Notes: Nothing says "summer" like a Maine lobster roll. It is so easy, but super luxurious & special. You can use left- over lobster meat from a previous feast or you can buy a lobster or two & add them to boiling water for 3-4 minutes until the lobster shell turns pink. Then remove the meat. You can also buy already cooked/shelled lobster meat from your local fish market. - we eat. happy.
Makes 4 rolls
- 2 cups cooked Maine lobster meat, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons Vegenaise or your favorite mayonnaise
- 6 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or grainy mustard
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- sweet paprika for garnishing
- 4 split-top hot dog rolls
- a drizzle of olive oil or a knob of butter
- In a large bowl, mix together the lobster meat, Vegenaise, basil, mustard & seasoning.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat add oil or butter to a cast iron pan. Lay the rolls on there side. Toast until golden on each side.
- Fill the rolls with the lobster meat & sprinkle with paprika (you can use a small sifter or like, me, a mesh tea steeper/infuser).