If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This richly flavored mushroom mayo adds great depth to simple ingredients- from grilled chicken to hard boiled eggs (or tea eggs, even better!) to crudite. Here I have folded it into a simple salad of rotisserie chicken, roasted sweet potatoes and crunchy cucumber. It seems subtle at first, but, like truffles, you really sense them through smell as you eat. I like mine light on the mayo, but you can certainly increase the ratio if you like it more saucy. - savorthis
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 ounce dried shiitakes
- 2 teaspoons soy
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 thyme sprig
- olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced, seeded cucumber
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400, toss sweet potatoes in 2 T olive oil with salt, pepper and thyme sprig. Roast about 10 minutes until browned and tender, stirring once halfway through. Let cool slightly.
- Grind shiitakes in a coffee grinder to a fine powder. Mix 4 T with mayo, soy and lemon. You might have some leftover mushroom powder which can be stored in an airtight container.
- Toss chicken, sweet potatoes and cucumber then gently fold in mushroom mayo. Serve with lettuce cups, crackers or on toasty bread and a grind of fresh pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.