Author Notes: This recipe is usually the first that comes to my mind when I have close friends who come to visit in our family house. It's not just because of the fish's availability (more popularly known as Tilapia or Cherry Snapper) but more importantly I perfected this recipe. Appetizing, cheap and simple preparations -- a combination of sorts.
Serves 2-3 persons
- 1 1/2 pound fish
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 packet bay leaf
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- First, marinate the whole piece of a large tilapia (about one-and-a-half pounds) in lemon juice, oyster sauce, garlic, pepper and bay leaf. The coconut milk will be added later.
- Here's how it works to come out with a perfect dish. Mixed all the ingredients into your fish - lemon or calamansi juice (1 1/2 table spoons), oyster sauce (1 table spoons), powdered garlic (1 teaspoon), (pepper (1 teaspoon) and bay leaf (1 tea bag).
- Simmer it in about 10 minutes then put the coconut milk (1/2 cup). Wait until it caramelized.
- Put the cooked Marinated Tilapia in coconut milk into a plate and put some garnish (rounded chopped onion). I usually decorate my plate with a banana leaf to make my recipe pleasing to the eye which makes my visitors smile before they start eating.