If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quick and easy way to throw together a really satisfying salad meal. You can use a variety of greens for the salad and herbs in the dressing. I chose basil, parsley and fennel fronds because I had them on hand, but this would also work well with various combinations of dill, tarragon, cilantro or chervil. —savorthis
Serves 2 entrees
- 1 cup packed herbs (see note above)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 pieces bacon, sliced
- 12 ounces salmon, skin on if you wish
- 1 cup assorted cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 english cucumber, seeded and sliced
- salad greens
- Finely chop all herbs and zest and mix with remaining dressing ingredients. Alternately, pulse herbs in a food processor and add remaining items to mix.
- Brown bacon, remove to a paper towel and pour off all but 1 T fat.
- Pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, skin side down, until skin is browning and crispy. Flip and cook a couple minutes more until cooked to your preference. Blot skin on paper towel and allow to cool enough to handle. Remove skin and slice into strips. Scrape off any grey bits from the salmon and break into chunks.
- Arrange greens, tomato, cucumber, salmon, bacon and skin on a platter and serve with dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad