If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My sister in law Luann makes the best chicken salad I have ever had. Seriously. She made the mistake of bringing it to a family fourth of July a few years ago and now she better not show up without it to any family function or there will be trouble. It's not that the ingredients are exotic or numerous - everything in it can be found at the grocery in Corsicana Texas where she's from - it's what she does with them that's magic. It's almost like a pate or chicken spread, but not quite. Lu has a couple of rules - you use pecans or walnuts, but not both. You use grapes or apples, but not both. You need a food processor for this. - aargersi
Serves one perfect potluck bowlfull
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 whole cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup small dice (1/4") green apple
- 1/4 cup small chop pecans
- Bring the water, bouillon and garlic to a boil. Turn it down to a simmer and add the chicken. Simmer gently for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and allow the chicken to sit in the hot broth an additional 10 minutes. Remove them and allow them to cool.
- Fit your food processor with the grater blade. Grate the chicken.
- Mix the chicken with the salt, pepper, mayo and vinegar. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust if you want. You may also add another dollop of mayo if you want (it's your salad after all!) Fold in the apples and pecans, and serve up - this is great on crackers. Share. Or don't.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.