Author Notes: This was inspired by a take-out deli in Manhattan near my old office. Our whole staff would start ordering this chicken salad whenever the store had it because it was just the best thing on their menu.
I never asked what was in it or how they made it but I think my version is a close approximation. - blanka.n
- 3 cups Chopped roasted chicken
- 3/4 cups Celery, small dice
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves (chiffonade)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmsesan cheese (feel free to add more)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for a couple of hours so all the flavors can marry nicely. Serve with your favorite bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad