If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the UK, where Indian food is very popular, this dish is made very often especially in hot days.
Basically it's poached chicken with a mayonnaise/curry sauce. It makes a wonderful and super flavorful salad but you can also eat it with a white Basmati rice or as a sandwich. As an appetizer use it to fill pastry cases - it is very flexible as a meal.
For the sauce, I like to add a good spicy mango chutney because it adds that sweet and hot flavor that I love in food.
- Maria Teresa Jorge
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 black peppercorns
- 3 cloves
- In a large pot put the chicken and all the vegetables, bay leaf, thyme, peppercorns, cloves and salt and cover the chicken with water. Bring to a boil and check for salt. lower heat to a simmer and cook chicken for 20 minutes. Turn the heat off and allow the chicken to cool in the broth.
- Remove chicken from broth and cut in regular cubes.
- Strain the broth and keep it for other recipes - it will be very tasty.
Sauce and Salad
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cups Greek yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lemon - juice
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds roasted
- 2 sprigs coriander for garnish
- For the sauce put in a food processor the mayonnaise, the Greek yoghurt, the mango chutney, the curry paste and the coriander leaves and process until smooth. Check for seasoning and add lemon juice to your liking.
- Cut the celery stalk in regular cubes.
- Mix the poached chicken with the celery and enough sauce to coat the pieces. Add 2 tbsp sultanas and mix. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve cold garnished with the remaining sultanas, roasted almond flakes and coriander leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad