If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from Heidi Swanson's blog 101 Cookbooks. The brown sugar-lemon glaze is killer & pairs perfectly with the moist, dense bread. - we eat. happy.
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 free-range eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup chopped or slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- the juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour a loaf or bunt pan. Sift together dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar & olive oil until thoroughly combined. Add the bananas, yogurt, vanilla & lemon zest. Gently fold in the almonds.
- Pour into the greased pan & bake for 50 minutes. It is okay if the bread is still a little moist in the middle. Let cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- in a small bowl, mix the glaze ingredients together. Remove the bread from the pan & spread on the glaze.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.