If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sandwich an ideal hangover cure! I like using super thinly sliced bacon, as it cooks in an instant, and then provides a texture that is light, crispy, salty, perfect. - Cristina Sciarra
Makes 1 sandwich
- 1/2 tablespoon oilve oil
- sea salt, black pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 pound bacon, very thinly sliced
- 1 large, semi-soft roll
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon HP sauce
- Heat the oven to 425F.
- Wash and dry the cherry tomatoes. Toss them with the olive oil, as well as some salt and pepper.
- Move the cherry tomatoes to a baking sheet, and cook them for about 15 minutes, or until they start to blister. Remove them from the oven, and allow them to cool.
- When the tomatoes have cooled, empty them into a food processor. Add the butter, and mix until blended. Add more salt, to taste.
- Move the butter to a bowl or tupperwear. (You will have extra tomato butter after making the sandwich. Save it and use it on almost anything--toast, chicken, fish, etc.)
- Heat a seasoned cast iron pan over medium heat. When it's hot, add the bacon one piece at a time. Since it's so thin, you should only have to cook it about 15 seconds per side. When each piece is finished cooking, move it to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the roll. Slice it in half.
- When the bacon is finished cooking, fry the egg in the bacon fat.
- Assemble the sandwich: Generously swipe the bottom side of the roll with the roasted tomato butter. Then layer on the bacon. Add the fried egg on top of the bacon. Swipe the top half of the roll with the HP sauce. Cut the sandwich in half, so the yolk releases. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
Baking Projects for Mother's Day
10 ways to show and share your love.
Mother's Day Baking Projects
Heavenly DIY lavender sachets.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.