Author Notes: This is based on a recipe from the Greek Island of Samos that matches up great with Yogurt & Tahini Sauce! Try them as appetizers or snacks with beer or white wine! You can soak and boil the chick peas or used canned ones. I like Organic canned ones that are preserved in soy water. - Julie Yefsi
Makes 30 patties
- 1 can or 300 grams (soaked & boiled) chick peas
- 3 medium onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon estragon
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups self rising flour (add more if needed)
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup ouzo or mastic liqueur
- 12 pieces medium shrimp boiled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil for the mix and extra Oil for frying
- Chop the onions, the garlic and the parsley
- Boil, peel and clean the shrimp. Chop them in small byte size pieces
- In a blender mix the chopped onions and garlic add the chick peas and blend together.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the seasoning, the estragon, the water and mix. Add the flour a spoon at a time and continue to mix. Add the ouzo or liquer, the shrimp and finally the parsley and one tablespoon of olive oil. Your mix should be a thick batter.
- Shape into patties and fry them in very hot oil.
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 4-5 drops of lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- In a bowl mix all ingredients very well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food