If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
There are endless recipes for scallopini but my favorite is a classic 5-minute lemon & parsley pan sauce. Scallopini refers to meat that has been pounded thin & coated with flour. You can use veal, chicken, turkey or pork loin and in about 5 minutes make scallopini with capers or porcini mushrooms or marsala or olives & tomatoes or green pepper corns, the list goes on!
Adjust it with the seasons - light & fresh in the summer with lemon & parsley or porcini mushrooms in the fall for a heartier dish. Thinly sliced veal can be bought at any market, let your butcher know what your making so they can make the proper cut.
Two to three slices of melt in your mouth veal in the pan with a little salad or roasted potatoes with rosemary can be a fabulous quick dinner any night of the week! - La Tavola Marche
- 4 slices veal, pounded thin
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Olive oil
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch salt
- On medium-high heat, add 3 tablespoons of butter & a bit of oil to the pan.
- Dredge veal in flour, shaking off the excess, and add it to the pan. After a minute or so, as the blood comes to the surface of the meat, it’s time to turn it over. Then let it cook a minute or so on the other side, and it’s done. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside on a warm platter.
- Turn the heat down to low. Add juice of one lemon & the water. Reduce by half. Remove pan from heat. Add in parsley and dot the pan with the remaining butter. Swirl until butter is melted. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!